The practical 5 day Fundamentals of Public Relations Diploma course focuses on how to create communication campaigns, manage strong brands, create a cohesive corporate identity, predict and reduce risk, create a crisis plan and risk management strategy, protect and enhance reputation, implement CSR strategies, which are sustainable and create strategic media communications plans, which engage effectively with your target market and stakeholders.
Learn the essential skills of Public Relations in developing robust strategies that enhance the reputation of your brand and corporate image. We train you in the techniques of building trust within your brand, by developing your brand's reputation and image. The comprehensive Fundamentals of Public Relations course is up-to-date in content and encourages group participation and discussion. The approach to the training is inclusive and consultative. We work closely with each person, in order to help you develop your PR and communication skills. Central to this course is gaining a full understanding of how reputation is the primary strategic route to success for businesses ina digital era.
ON THIS COURSE YOU WILL LEARN:
- Trends and developments in communications
- Building reputation through trust and transparency into the brand
- Brand development
- Creating a PR strategy and developing PR campaigns
- Risk and issue management plans for stakeholder engagement
- Defending your brand and implementing effective risk and crisis plans
- Effective stakeholder engagement
- Implementing CSR and sustainability strategies
- Media relations and press campaigns
DAY 1 - EFFECTIVE BRANDING AND REPUTATION MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES
Creating effective strategies to build your product or service into a desirable brand
- The visual elements of the brand and how it shapes our perception
- Exploring the differences between tangible (physical) and intangible (non-physical) elements of branding
- Delving deeper into the intangibles: how they impact the reputation
- Exploring reputation management strategies
- Strategies for positioning your brand to create loyalty and trust
DAY 2 - CREATING EFFECTIVE PR STRATEGIES AND CAMPAIGNS
- How to establish your PR goals and objectives
- How to create successful internal communications strategies, to gain maximum engagement
- How to identify your external audiences, establish engagement and create personas
- How to use SMART objectives to achieve your PR goals
- How to plan your budgeting, in terms of human and other types of resources, for the best outcomes
- How to effectively evaluate to measure the success of your campaign
DAY 3 - IMPLEMENTING A SUSTAINABLE CSR STRATEGY
- Current perspectives of CSR - setting the scene for current issues
- How CSR strategies are changing and evolving
- Social and environmental approaches to CSR
- *Terminology associated with CSR
- Ensuring CSR helps build brand equity and enhance trust and values
- CSR as an integral part of your internal communications
- CSR as a strategic tool to enhance stakeholder engagement
- How best to communicate CSR ideas and programmes - external communications strategies
- Case studies: examples of good CSR practices in terms of social and environmental perspectives.
DAY 4 - MANAGING RISK AND CRISIS
- Understanding the different types of risk
- The process and benefits of risk management
- Exploring risk assessment techniques
- The process of issues management
- The consequences of not managing risk
- The impact of social media and exposing your brand to risk
- Planning for a crisis
- The importance of a crisis plan
- Crisis management - responding to a crisis - the steps
- Assembling your crisis team
- The importance of leadership during a crisis
- The importance of internal communications during a crisis
- Creating a crisis communications plan
- Managing the media during a crisis - Media and crisis communications during the acute phase of a crisis
- Pre-prepared holding and media communications statements
- Reputation management and social monitoring during a crisis
DAY 5 - MANAGING MEDIA CAMPAIGNS AND PRESS RELEASE WRITING
- The different types of media - traditional and digital
- Creating your media contact list and building your relationship with journalists
- What makes a good story?
- Writing persuasive and compelling press releases and getting the message right
- Understanding writing style for various publications and audiences
- The building blocks, content, tone, balance and structure: credible headline, lead paragraph, follow-on paragraphs, conclusive paragraph, quotes, notes to editors
- How to make your press release stand out from the crowd and grab attention
- Why material gets rejected and getting the timing right
- The effective use of images and photographs
- Looking at examples of press releases – the good and the bad
- Delivery methods to the press – distribution channels and how and which media agencies
- Developing digital media strategies that produce results for your campaigns
The Professional Development Diploma is approved and recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD): http://www.cpduk.co.uk
CPD-Approved LSPR Professional Development Diploma: PR & Reputation Management. The Diploma is awarded with a Pass, Merit or Distinction.
The final Diploma award will be based on the following:
- Critical Thinking Exercises set and completed during the training - a series of practical exercises are set for each session for the delegates to work on during their training. This is an effective way to try out what you have been learning and gain insight and feedback, as you progress with each session during the course.
What you need to bring with you:
Please bring with you your laptop or tablet to the training sessions.
To meet your team’s specific needs, this course is also offered as a bespoke exclusive programme. It is also offered on a one-to-one tailored basis. Delivery options are either in-house, or at the LSPR premises in Kensington. Please contact LSPR for a proposal.
- GROUP BOOKING - 20% off group booking for 3 or more people* from the same organisation.
- ALUMNI LOYALTY SCHEME - 20% off any course fee*.
- 2 FOR 1 - bring a colleague, friend or family member for free* on the same course
- FREELANCERS AND CHARITIES - 15% off any course fee*.
* The offers are subject to availability and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Terms and conditions apply.