Webinar is available from May 5 - August 18, 2020
Ultrasonography has become a crucially important diagnostic imaging modality in Equine Orthopedics and most Equine Practitioners nowadays have access to the necessary equipment. A growing number of equine orthopedic specialists have furthermore extended the use of ultrasonography creatively to assist with injection techniques and to facilitate minimally invasive surgery. This course has been developed to provide equine and mixed animal practitioners who have experience with ultrasonography, with the theoretical knowledge of performing ultrasound-guided orthopedic injections and ultrasound-assisted surgical techniques, covering all regions of the musculoskeletal apparatus of the horse. A review of conventional and biologic treatment modalities for orthopedic conditions will round the course up.
The following topics will be covered in highly illustrated lectures and case presentations:
- How to get the most out of your ultrasound machine
- Principles of Ultrasound-Guidance
- Ultrasound-Guided Tendon & Ligament Injections
- Ultrasound-Guided Joint Injections of the Limbs (incl. hip & shoulder joints)
- Ultrasound-Guided Bursal Injections
- Cervical Facet Joint Injections
- Ultrasound-Guided Back Injections
- Lumbosacral & Sacroiliac Injection Techniques
- Ultrasound-Guided Surgery
- Conventional Systemic & Intra-Articular Joint Therapies
- What’s the latest on Regenerative Therapies?
Open and frank discussions are encouraged during the course and the speakers will share their personal experiences with attendees, be it successes or failures.