Interested in Nutritional Sciences? Take this course and become a trained professional!
Diet is a vital aspect of health and overall well being and it is becoming increasingly common for people to require assistance in making the right choices. From individuals, to the entire population, diet is a central factor in reducing the risk of health problems such as: stroke, heart disease and diabetes. There is high demand for Nutritional Scientists and during this course you will be taught all of the essentials and will gain a well-recognised certificate which will kick-start your career, or permit you to continue to higher-level study.
The Diploma begins with a helpful introduction to Nutritional Science and then goes on to cover a broad range of modules, all created by expert teachers. The modules focus on subjects such as:
- Healthy diet planning
- Minerals in human nutrition
- Understanding then anatomy of the digestive system
- Definitions of cell anatomy and metabolism
- Weight management
- Eating disorders
- Physical activities and nutrition
With this qualification from Global Edulink you will be able to excel in a number of satisfying and prosperous positions, such as: Education and Research, Clinical Dietetics, Food and Nutrition Management or Public Health Nutrition. As well as this, you could become a self-employed Nutritionist running your own private practice. When qualified, you will consult individuals of all ages regarding their diet and any problems they are experiencing, such as migraine or stress. You will then go on to take into account different factors like medical history and can advise them on any changes which must be made. Your job might involve working alongside other healthcare professionals, like Dieticians or Nurses. Additionally, you might be educating groups regarding nutrition or may be involved in research.
Whats-more, with this course you will be learning through Global Edulink, a leading online course provider, so you can be assured that the information is completely up-to-date and relevant to your ongoing success. Our online course is so well designed you will feel that you are in the classroom! This course is comprised of professionally narrated e-Learning modules, interactive quizzes, tests and exams. All delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). An effective support service and study materials will build your confidence to study effectively and guide you to secure your qualification.
1. Introduction To Nutrition
2. Healthy Diet Planning Tips - Part One
3. Carbohydrates In Nutrition
4. Protein And Water In Nutrition
5. Minerals In Human Nutrition
6. Explaining Symptoms Of Mineral Deficiency & Toxicity
7. A Study Of Vitamins In Nutrition
8. The Anatomy Of Digestion
9. What Are Nutrient Digestion, Absorption & Transport?
10. Definitions Of Cell Anatomy & Metabolism
11. Explaining Weight Management & Energy Needs
12. What Are Eating Disorders Risk To Nutrition?
13. Understanding Physical Activity & Nutrition
- This course is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds. However, a sound academic background or basic knowledge of nutrition would be an advantage.
- Learners should be ages 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Basic understanding of English language, literacy, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
Benefits you will gain:
- High-quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- The benefit of applying forNUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice question assessment test. This online multiple choice question test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Successful graduates or candidates will be awarded Diploma in Nutrition Science – Level 3.
This course would be beneficial for anyone hoping to achieve careers such as:
- Nutritional Counsellors
- Health and Well-Being Professionals hs
- Fitness professionals
- Nutritional Scientists
- Private Nutritionists