Examining The Test of Memory and Learning 2 TOMAL2 (DACPD802).
This Level 7 Specialist Assessor course (SASC approved) has been designed to enable you to explore the popular learning and memory assessment battery TOMAL2. It will enable practitioners to develop their knowledge of TOMAL2 through a cycle of study, focused activity and reflection.
Why take this short course?
This course gives an opportunity to look in-depth at an assessment battery that is designed to measure several areas of memory and learning potential (for example, aptitude with visual and configural information, aptitude holding and manipulating sound information, associative learning etc.).
There are data analysis exercises to help improve your interpretation of subtest findings and statistical quizzes to check your understanding of key terminology and rubrics. The course also provides the opportunity to discuss and examine some current assessment practices/conventions including some more advance statistical methods.
- Critically examine the subtests of a learning and memory assessment battery.
- Examine a variety of ways in which performance can be reported and represented within assessment reports.
Please note: you may need access to a copy of TOMAL2 to study this course; it is not a requirement to have used it previously.
If you are a member of the Dyslexia Action Guild then you may be able to borrow a copy (subject to availability.)
Please note: course content may be subject to change
How is the course delivered?
- 30 hours of online learning, conducted over a 4 week period
- This course is registered as Approved CPD with SASC and meets the requirements for 5 hours of approved CPD
- A Certificate of Verified CPD is produced for those participants who upload a Professional Practice Portfolio that demonstrates interaction with and understanding of the course materials (10 hours CPD total)
- Free online induction two weeks before the course start date so participants can become familiar with our online learning platform, Moodle
- An online tutor will offer discussion and support throughout the duration of the course
- Participants must complete the assignments and cannot be given access as ‘read only’ courses
Participants must have already qualified as specialist SpLD assessors (MDG Dyslexia Guild or AMBDA British Dyslexia Association). Suitable qualifying courses include, but are not restricted to:
- Dyslexia Action Professional/Postgraduate Certificate in Assessment Practice for Dyslexia and Literacy
- Dyslexia Action Professional/Postgraduate Diploma in Dyslexia and Literacy
- Dyslexia Institute Diploma qualifications
- Hornsby Postgraduate Diploma in Specialist Teaching
- Other BDA Accredited Level 7 Specialist Assessor qualifications
How much does it cost?
- £285 (plus VAT) for Guild Members
- £295 (plus VAT) for Non-Guild Members
Our online courses provide flexibility for learning in a personalised way which enables studying to be fitted around personal and professional commitments.
Our online CPD courses are accredited by the CPD Standards Office and provide flexibility for learning in a personalised way which enables studying to be fitted around personal and professional commitments.
For further details, to download a brochure or to book this course please click here
© Dyslexia Action is a trading name of Real Group Ltd, Company No 06556128, VAT Reg No 837306132
Registered Office: Insight House, Riverside Business Park, Stoney Common Road, Essex, CM24 8PL.