There is a growing imperative for very low energy or zero carbon buildings both in-design and in-use. This two day CPD course is for architects, engineers and clients and is part-funded by Universities Southwest.
The course includes lectures on:
• Benefits of accurate thermal modelling
• When does modelling work?
• Modelling for compliance versus modelling for design
• Types of model
• Understanding consultant reports
• Understanding how ventilation, lighting, HVAC systems and the fabric are modelled
• Reality checking
• Integration of renewables
• Retrofit and refurbishment of existing buildings