As a module of Cranfield University’s MSc in Process and Systems Engineering; this course introduces systematic approaches to the design and analysis of control systems for industrial applications.
- Gain comprehensive knowledge about structures of modern computer control systems
- Develop an awareness of available design tools
- Become familiar with the methodologies available for applying control in single loop
- Gain an understanding of the dynamics of processes and modelling methods
- Gain an understanding of the design process for continuous and discrete controllers for these systems
- Understand advanced control techniques, such as Kalman Filter and Model Predictive Control.
- Computer control system structure
- Process modelling and dynamics
- Feedback control
- Enhanced controllers
- Digital controllers
- Model predictive control
- Advanced control topics
- Case studies for process control systems
- Hands on control system design using Simulink and MATLAB.
An engineering or applied science degree or relevant industrial experience is recommended.
*Please Note: Dates provided are provisional. Definitive course dates will be comfirmed at a later date.