To provide a systematic overview and critical evaluation of the drug discovery, development and health economics process, from molecule to medicine. The module is central to the MSc Pharmaceutical Medicine and MSc with Pharmaceutical Medicine with Clinical Pharmacology.
This module aims to develop:
- systematic understanding of drug discovery, development and marketing process
- critical awareness of may of the issues in ethical, regulatory and commercial aspects that affect the drug discovery and development processes
comprehensive understanding of the many disciplines involved in developing a medicine, how they work together and how these are represented.
- Molecule to Medicines overview
- Drug discovery
- Preclinical drug development
- Early stage clinical development
- Drug safety
- Late stage clinical development
- Drug regulation
- Health economics