Within the last few years there has been widespread agreement that to improve the safety of our food and promote consumer confidence in safe food production, a system known as Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) is applied throughout the food industry. As a result new European legislation will require all food businesses to implement a full HACCP system. Once a HACCP system has been developed it is essential that it is audited and managed effectively.
This unique course provides:-
- Relevant and up-to-date experience in foodborne disease, HACCP development, HACCP Audit and Management and Research Methods for Food Safety
- Development in essential transferable skills such as IT, communication skills, independent research and information retrieval
- The opportunity for career development and enhancement.
The course is available:-
- On-line with no campus attendance required
- Part-time to complete within 2-4 years of study
- With coursework assessments only, no examinations
- To students in the food industry, local government and the private sector.
This course aims to provide you with essential skills and knowledge in the development of HACCP systems. Four topics are studied:-
- Foodborne Disease (double module)
- HACCP Development (single module)
- HACCP Audit and Management (double module)
- Research Methods for Food Safety (single module).
You should allow for approximately 18 hours study time per week on average throughout the course.