Do you want to study a recognised professional qualification and keep up with the latest trends in marketing? If you want to get on in marketing, then the CIM courses will give you the skills and knowledge to succeed.
The CIM Certificate in Professional Marketing offers the practicing marketer with relevant and contemporary marketing content. The Certificate aims to provide you with the knowledge and understanding to support a marketing role at operational level within the marketing workplace. You will learn how to blend practical marketing skills with academic understating. In addition, you will keep up with latest trends and gain the skills to stay ahead of the field. On successful completion of the Certificate you can then progress to the CIM Diploma in Professional Marketing.
Staffordshire University has been a CIM Accredited Study Centre for over 30 years. During this time we have been commended by the CIM for our results. You will need to join the CIM at the beginning of your course.
On successful completion of study, we will issue the following award: CIM Certificate in Professional Marketing
This course is part-time and is delivered through a mix of face to face and online teaching. Evening face to face session are held weekly, usually on Thursdays between 6-9pm. You can complete your course in one year.
The CIM Certificate in Professional Marketing is a part-time, one- year course, and consists of three modules.
- Marketing - The module introduces you to the role and function of marketing and investigates what influences your customers. On completion of the module you will be able to adapt the marketing mix to meet the requirements of your customers.
- Integrated Communications - The module provides an understanding of internal and external effective communication and building long-term relationships and delivering customer value. You will study the importance of planning integrated communication and identify how brand management can be incorporated within an organisation to enable delivery of customer value.
- Digital Marketing - The module provides you with an appreciation of the continual development of digital communications. You will gain awareness of how digital marketing can enhance marketing activities. Practical research is undertaken on how digital marketing activities for example with digital metrics can enhance effectiveness of marketing within an organisation.
You should have at least one of the following:
- CIM Level 3 Introductory Certificate
- CIM Foundation Certificate in Marketing
- Any relevant Level 3 qualification
- Any UK degree or international equivalent
- Professional practice (suggested one year in marketing role) plus diagnostic assessment onto Level 4.
If English is not your first language, you also will need to demonstrate you hold a suitable English Language qualification, in addition to the above entry requirements. Such as IELTS 6.5, with a minimum of 6.0 in individual components.
CIM may consider other qualifications.
Course cost: £1,440 per year of study
All students studying CIM awards pay membership & assessment costs direct to the CIM, this cost is not included in the fees. The latest fees are available from the CIM website in the Qualifications section.