Applying for and Renewing an Assessment Practising Certificate - Online best practice course SASC approved (DAAPCONL).
This Dyslexia Action Assessment Practising Certificate (APC) course has been specifically designed to update specialist teacher assessors on current SASC requirements for dyslexia/SpLD report writing and to meet APC renewal criteria.
Our trainers are experienced, qualified specialists in diagnostic assessment report writing and assessment testing for dyslexia/SpLD working to the SpLD Assessment Standards Committee (SASC) criteria.
Please note: course content may be subject to change.
Why take this course?
The course is based around carefully designed datasets and case study materials, which are worked through and reflected upon. Participants will be able to:
- update their knowledge and understanding by revisiting and reviewing, aspects of statistical constructs
- review the structure of SASC diagnostic assessment report for specific learning difficulties, taking into account changes that became accepted practice in July 2020
- undertake the continuing professional development activities required in order to maintain professional practice standards.
Please note: the course does not provide advice on:
- the selection or administration of assessment tests (as it is about report writing)
- individual assessment test items (which would breach copyright)
- participants’ wider queries about report writing (i.e. tutors cannot look at samples of participants’ professional work/findings or offer advice on specific examples of interpretation outside the context of the course materials).
How is the course delivered?
- The course is conducted over a 4-week period online, you should access the course on the afternoon of the release date as there will be some deadlines you need to meet
- Tutor support throughout the duration of the course
Please note: this course does not actually give you an Assessment Practising Certificate (APC). For further details on gaining or renewing your APC please click here.
What Accredited CPD will I gain?
- Twelve learning hours, of which five hours of the total learning hours for this course are recognised and accredited by SASC as fulfilling, in part, the (minimum) 20 CPD hours required over three years that contribute towards gaining or renewing an APC.
Candidates should normally be qualified specialist assessors with a Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma or equivalent, and be familiar with diagnostic assessment report writing.
How much does it cost?
£205 per course (£195 for guild members)
Our online courses provide flexibility for learning in a personalised way which enables studying to be fitted around personal and professional commitments.
For further details, to download a brochure or to book this course please click here
© Dyslexia Action is a trading name of Real Group Ltd, Company No 06556128, VAT Reg No 837306132
Registered Office: Insight House, Riverside Business Park, Stoney Common Road, Essex, CM24 8PL.