The main aim of any organisation and their staff is to deliver the best service possible to their customers or clients. However organisations will only improve their outcomes and become more effective if they are successfully led at all levels.
Organisations have also become more complex and highly interdependent following the onset of the digital age, and attendance at Leading through Change will give delegates the confidence to try new and creative approaches to the workplace, deal with complex leadership situations and provide effective service outcomes.
Understanding the organisation, including its workforce and how it operates is key if leaders are going to break down silos and barriers. The ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively both within and between partner organisations is also an integral part of creating successful 21st century organisation. This one day seminar will help delegates to fully understand their organisation and allow them to understand how to break down silos and barriers in order to work more collaboratively. Delegates will be left with a foundation upon which they can build a leadership framework that can be rolled out more extensively moving forward.
Those who attend the day will return to their workplace with the basic tools that will allow them to:
- Harness the leadership potential and talent across your organisation
- Build shared responsibility within an organisation
- Demonstrate appropriate behaviour across all levels of an organisation
- Develop and empower the leadership capacity of colleagues
- Seek to contribute to the leadership process
- Draw upon their values, strengths and abilities to deliver high standards of service
Session One: Organisational Culture
The Organisational Culture session will focus on the need for a constructive organisational culture and what factors or behaviours hinder this development. Culture is to organisations what personality is to people. Not necessarily visible in the organisation or individual, culture nevertheless has a tremendous impact, both on those concerned and on the results they produce. Using a researched and benchmarked Culture measurement tool, participants will be able to access an easily understandable and measurable picture of how stakeholders view the current culture and how they would like the culture to be.
Session Two: High Impact Leadership
The High Impact leadership session will focus on:
- Understanding how leaders shape the performance of others in their organisation and the impact they have on culture.
- Leaders becoming more self-aware and therefore accepting why and where development is needed.
- The leader’s thought patterns, their impact on their team and identifying new strategies to address these.
- Participants will use a measurement tool to assess their own behaviours and characteristics as these have an impact on their own leadership styles
Session Three: Team Effectiveness
The Team Effectiveness session focuses on getting individuals, teams and the organisation aligned around a clear and inspiring purpose and vision. The main points to be covered include:
- Being clear and committed on how people want to work together, including the collective leadership impact measures and the desired behaviours necessary to contribute to a constructive organisational culture.
- Gaining a deeper understanding of the team’s purpose, including what uniquely makes them a partner of choice.
- Clarifying who their stakeholders are and exploring their needs with them.
- Developing an inspiring and engaging definition of success for the team.
- Taking accountability at the relevant organisational levels for achieving the desired outcomes.
- As a group participants will engage in a team problem-solving exercise and subsequent diagnostic that offers insights into how a group functions.