This module runs each January.
The focus of this module is on how to increase the efficiency of both intensive and extensive livestock production systems. It draws upon research within IBERS and elsewhere and will cover topics including: the growth and development of livestock, parasitology, reproductive technologies, precision livestock farming technologies, disease epidemiology and livestock performance and welfare.
The module's units consist of:
- The challenges faced by livestock production
- Growth and development of livestock animals
- Parasites of livestock
- Reproduction and fertility
- Epidemiology and modelling disease
- Precision livestock farming
- Livestock performance and welfare
- Case studies
- Future production