The Structure of Clinical Trials and Experimental Therapeutics course is a five-day module of the MSc in Experimental Therapeutics. Offered by the Oncology Department and the Department for Continuing Education, the week will be led by Dr Rachel Kerr and will feature face-to-face lectures and tutorials from some of Oxford's leading clinicians and scientists.
The module can be taken as a stand-alone short course. It includes group work, discussions, guest lectures, and interaction and feedback with tutors and lecturers.
The Structure of Clinical Trials and Experimental Therapeutics course will provide students with the opportunity to learn more about and discuss the following topics:
- The history of drug discovery
- Modern methods of drug discovery
- Preclinical drug development
- First time in man; proof of concept
- Early Phase I studies
- Phase II/III studies
- Regulatory authorities (CHM, NICE, EMEA, FDA)
- Drug marketing and advertising
The course fees for October 2022 are not yet confirmed.