This excellent NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools qualification will provide learners with an understanding of the knowledge needed when working directly with children and young people in school environments. This Level 3 Award includes learning about children and young people’s development, safeguarding their welfare and communication and professional relationships. The Award is suitable for learners not yet working in a Level 3 school role but could achieve at this level. It is also suitable as initial training.
Learning with Global Edulink has many advantages. The course material is delivered straight to you, and can be adapted to fit in with your lifestyle. It is created by experts within the industry, meaning you are receiving accurate information, which is up-to-date and easy to understand.
This course is comprised of professionally narrated e-Learning modules, interactive quizzes, tests and exams. All delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 180 days (6 months). An effective support service and study materials will build your confidence to secure your qualification.
- Getting Started
- Course Syllabus And Summary
- Ncfe Awarding Body Specification
- Unit 01: Understand Child And Young Person Development
- Unit 02: Understand How To Safeguard The Wellbeing Of Children And Young People
- Unit 03: Communication And Professional Relationships With Children, Young People And Adults.
- Unit 04: Schools As Organisations
- Recommended Reading Materials
- Additional Materials -Teaching Support Staff Job Roles
- Reference Guidence
- ? Submit Your Work
- ? Re-Submit
What Will I Learn?
- Gain A Good Understanding Of Policies, Procedures, Guidelines And Legislation To Safeguard Children And Young People.
- Learn How To Monitor The Development Of Children And Young People, And If Something Is Out Of Place, Intervene On Their Behalf.
- Learn About The Structure Of Early Education Until Primary Years.
- Learn How To Work With Children And Young People Within A Safe And Healthy Environment.
Why study at Global Edulink?
Global Edulink offers the most convenient path to gain recognised skills and training that will give you the opportunity to put into practice your knowledge and expertise in an IT or corporate environment. You can study at your own pace at Global Edulink and you will be provided with all the necessary material, tutorials, qualified course instructor, narrated e-learning modules and free resources which include Free CV writing pack, free career support and course demo to make your learning experience more enriching and rewarding.
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at anytime.
Learners will need to be over the age of 19, and must demonstrate the following:
- Vocational or academic qualification at Level 2 or higher
- Basic level of literacy, numeracy and ICT ability
In order to qualify for the program you will need to submit a completed application form which will be provided to you. This form should be provided to us within a month of enrolment along with the following;
- Proof of educational qualifications
- You must provide an identification document such as a passport or a driving licence.
Upon submission of the documents your application will be reviewed. If you fail to meet the entry requirements of the program your application will not be accepted.
Method of Assessment
The learner must achieve 4 mandatory Level 3 units, totalling 12 credits. There are no exemptions, barred combinations or equivalent units.
The Award will be assessed by your Tutor or Assessor using a range of methods. This may include direct observation in the workplace, a portfolio of evidence, written assignments or a task.
Four Mandatory Units:
- Unit 1: Understand Child and Young Person Development .
- Unit 2: Understand How to Safeguard the Wellbeing of Children and Young People
- Unit 3: Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Unit 4: Schools as organisations
- Gain an understanding of the knowledge and skills needed when working directly with children or young people in primary, secondary or special schools
- Learn about children and young people’s development, safeguarding their welfare and communication
- This course is suitable as initial training, and is suitable for those not yet working in a Level 3 school role
- This course covers an age range from 5 to 19 years of age. Please note that some knowledge of development in the early years has been included in the specification to enhance learners understanding
- Qualification title: NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Level: 3
- Accreditation status: Accredited
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 80
- Credits: 12
- Total Qualification Time (TQT): 120
- Qualification number (QN): 500/9963/2
Upon successful completion of this course will be awarded an NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools.
CACHE are continually investing in high quality qualifications for the care and education industry, making them the UK’s leading sector specialist. Developed by experts, CACHE qualifications help millions of learners to raise professional standards across the sector. As a result, CACHE has gained a deserved reputation for excellence and leadership.
NCFE is a national Awarding Organisation, passionate about designing, developing and certificating diverse, nationally recognised qualifications and awards. These qualifications contribute to the success of millions of learners at all levels, bringing them closer to fulfilling their personal goals. Last year alone, over 340,000 learners from over 2,000 colleges, schools and training organisations chose NCFE as the Awarding Organisation to help them move their careers forward.
Progression and Career Path
The NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools qualification provides learners with the opportunity to progress to the Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools, the Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools and into the workforce.
It is suitable for learners not yet in a school role but who have the capability to achieve at Level 3 or learners in a Level 2 role wishing to demonstrate that they are ready for progression to Level 3. It is also suitable as initial training for those newly in post. The Award shares four mandatory units with the Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools. This enables credits and learning to be transferred from this qualification to the Level 3 Certificate, providing a direct progression route.