Fire Marshal Training course
Fire safety training is a legal requirement. This course is taught according to the UK Fire Legislation which requires all employers to ensure that employees are provided with adequate fire safety training. This Fire Marshal Training course is designed for people who need to comply with the Fire Safety requirements of The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 - often simply called the Fire Safety Order or FSO.
This course is taught over 3.5 hours and consists of theoretical and practical sessions including fire extinguisher practical use with no live fires or over 2.5 hours without fire extinguisher practical sessions.
- Cost of Fire and Fire Statistics
- The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and exemptions
- Premises Covered by the Legislation
- Employers Responsibilities
- The "Responsible Person"
- Fire Safety Risk Assessment
- Emergency Plan
- The Competent Person
- Employees Responsibilities
- Disabled People and Evacuation Chairs
- Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans
- Mobility Issues and Refuges
- Role of a Fire Marshal
- Fire Marshal Weekly checklist
- Fire Inspection & Enforcement
- Fire Hazard and Fire Risk
- Spread of fire and Effects of fire
- Arson and Prevention of Arson
- Identifying sources of fire
- Control of Flammable Substances
- Key Components of Fire Prevention
- Detection & Warning
- Fire Exits and Escape Routes
- Emergency Lighting and Safety Signs
- Fire Safety Management
- Fire Classification and methods of spread
- Fire Fighting Equipment
- The fire blanket
- Types and Classifications of fire extinguishers
- Colour coding of fire extinguishers
- Tools to help Fire Marshals
- Actions in the event of a fire and Fire Drill
- Evacuation Procedures
- How People May React during a fire incident
- People at risk and high risk
- Fire Prevention Strategies
- The P.A.S.S rule for using fire extinguishers
- Practical use of CO2 and Water fire extinguishers without live fires
Please contact MEDISAFE TRAINING today on 0121 769 2827 for a very competitive unbeatable quote .
Assessment is ongoing by the instructor.
A HSE compliant certificate of course completion from MEDISAFE TRAINING lasting three years will be emailed within 48 hours to the lead person subject to successful completion of the course by the delegate. Hard copy certificates can be provided at additional cost per certificate.
OFQUAL Accredited and Regulated RQF Level 1 Fire Safety Awareness or OFQUAL Accredited and Regulated RQF Level 2 Fire Safety training course with certificates can also be arranged at an additional cost but this must be made known to us at the time of the booking and prior to the commencement of the training course.
Please note that it is a requirement that candidates must be at least 16 years of age and physically able to carry out the procedures detailed in the course outline and must attend all sessions to be eligible for assessment.
Candidates should have good English literacy and numeracy skills to understand the course and to complete the assessments.
Please also note that ID will need to be checked at the outset of the course for candidate verification process.
- The training room should be quiet and of appropriate size.
- Staff should be off work and not expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain on the course for the entire duration of the training course.
Please also make sure that there is a suitable outdoor area outside your premises for the fire extinguishers practical training without live fires.