Introduction to this course
This module will explore current, state-of-the-art methods for the diagnosis and monitoring of common autoimmune, immunodeficiency and inflammatory diseases. It will also provide a review of the theory and practice of tissue banking and organ transplantation.
Topics covered in this course
- Overview of diagnostic immunology in pathology;
- Congenital and acquired immune deficiency conditions;
- Models of immune suppression and immune deficiency;
- Models of neurodegenerative and inflammatory disorders;
- Diagnostic and therapeutic biomarkers of selected immune disorders;
- Qualitative and quantitative immunochemical techniques;
- Recent developments in the diagnosis and investigation of autoimmune and inflammatory disorders
- Immunotherapeutics in clinical immunology;
- Modern strategies for immunomodulation in inflammatory disease and transplantation;
- Overview of current technology and practice in Tissue Banking and Transplantation;
- Outline of the legal and regulatory framework surrounding tissue banking in Ireland.
Cost of this Course
The cost of this short course is €435.