"All schools should develop policies to promote reading for enjoyment throughout school" Ofsted (2012), Moving English Forward. So far nearly 200 schools have benefited from our CPD and found new ways into whole texts, started to change the culture of reading in their classrooms and engage with relevant research.
Reading for enjoyment is an important aspect of literacy and can impact on attainment in other areas too. This course addresses a variety of issues within the area and helps teachers develop strategies for creating a culture of reading across the school through a research project and evaluation.
This training will help you to:
- engage with research and understand the benefits for your pupils of reading for enjoyment.
- examine a range of approaches, including choosing and using whole texts.
- develop an action plan for creating a community of readers in your school.
- implement this plan as an action research project, involving critical reflection and evidence gathering to share with the group.
- plan for embedding these successful approaches more widely across your school.