LFA104 Introduction to Money Markets
1. Course Overview
This one-day course makes use of market convention calculations and the Academy Bloomberg Terminals™ to develop a sound practical understanding of money market products.
2. Who will gain from the course
This course will appeal to a wide audience including fund managers, sales staff, IT staff and compliance staff seeking to broaden their knowledge in an area new to them.
3. Prerequisite Knowledge Required
4. Structure of the Course
Topics to be covered include:
- The role of money market products and their place in the global financial markets
- Major contract types and contract specifications
- Clearing and settlement
- Cash markets
- The Euro Commercial Paper
- Certificates of deposit
- Forward rate agreements
- Short-term interest rate futures
- Speculative and hedging strategies5. Course Delivery
Teaching will take place in dedicated seminar rooms, IT labs and the Bloomberg Research and Trading Room. Courses will normally be delivered to small groups of up to 15 participants to facilitate learning.
By the end of the course, participants will have a thorough understanding of exchange-traded and over-the-counter money market products.
London Financial Academy,
London Metropolitan University,
84 Moorgate, London EC2M 6SQ