A postgraduate qualification and professional development in Workplace Health
This programme offers part-time study for professionals who want to continue their career while enhancing their knowledge and skills in the management of contemporary issues in workplace health. It was developed in consultation with over 1600 occupational safety and health practitioners to pinpoint current and emerging priorities. An expert Programme Advisory Board is consulted to inform curriculum development, ensuring that the programme remains cutting-edge and continues to meet practitioner needs. The programme is suitable for those with professional backgrounds in health and safety, occupational nursing, human resources, occupational hygiene, ergonomics and others with responsibility for managing health at work.
Key features of the programme:
- Part time, e-learning (5 modules) and 3-day intensive seminars (3 modules) over two years
- Study when and where is convenient to you, at a pace that suits you
- A prestigious, multi-disciplinary line-up of expert speakers
- An active network of past and present students
- Telephone, video and online support from tutors and a dedicated technical adviser
- Course materials provided online; interactivity in learning – no ploughing through textbooks
- No exams!
- Considers state-of-the-art scientific knowledge and implications for practice
- An extensive choice of essay topics on many modules, thereby ensuring a focus on topics of personal and professional interest
- The potential to improve health and performance in your organisation
The programme provides an individual and organisational (non-clinical) perspective on health, attitudes and behaviour change; attendance management; rehabilitation; the business case for workplace health; health legislation, policy, and guidance; organisational research skills; the prevention and control of work-related stress; working hours; workforce diversity, and many more. Further information about the range of topics covered can be gleaned by from the Book of Abstracts of the biennial conferences of the European Academy of Occupational Health Psychology. These can be freely downloaded at http://www.eaohp.org/publications.aspx.
For course fees please see http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/fees/postgraduatetaughtcourses.aspx