Bristol Business School's new portfolio of short courses is designed to deliver cutting-edge professional development with a practical focus in areas such as leadership, people management, personal skills development and specialist skills to equip you to tackle work issues and help move your organisation and career forward.
Our short courses are run by experienced academics and consultants who are experts in their field.
This three day course explores a number of key issues in the practice and theory of managing a supply chain: strategy, collaboration, information technology, inventory, finance, performance measurement, customer service, logistics and outsourcing.
Gwynne Richards MBA, FIOM, FCILT is a highly experienced logistician who has undertaken many roles and projects throughout the supply chain. Gwynne produces and runs supply chain courses and warehouse management courses on behalf of UWE, The University of Warwick, the MOD resettlement programme and the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT).
He runs his own supply chain consultancy and is currently writing a book on Warehouse Management. He is Chairman of the CILT Outsourcing and Procurement Forum.
A supply chain course produced for BAe Systems has recently been awarded the Chairman's bronze award in the Transfer of Best Practice category for exceeding initial expectations.
Dr Susan Grinsted Ph.D, C.Eng FCILT, MIOM has been training and consulting in supply chain-related topics since 1996, working with international companies all over the world. Clients have included Philip Morris, Coca-Cola, BAT, Hewlett-Packard, Yukos Oil, BG Group, and TNK-BP Russia. Courses include warehouse management, inventory management, supply chain risk management, and supply chain management. She holds a Ph.D in Manufacturing Systems Engineering from Warwick University. Susan has an interactive style of training and particularly enjoys working with groups of managers from different companies and environments, encouraging them to contribute their experience and issues to the general discussion, in order to enrich the debate.
Course date: Monday 13 June 2011 - Wednesday 15 June 2011
Who is it for?
Purchasing, Logistics and Supply Chain Professionals from both the Public and Private sectors.
What do I get out of it?
- Develop an appreciation of best practice in supply chain management
- Understand the importance of managing the flow of materials throughout the supply chain
- Have the tools available to measure performance and evaluate outsourcing opportunities
- Understand the full implications of changes in the supply chain on the company's finances
- Have an insight into current technology available within the supply chain logistics arena
What does it cover?
- The importance of strategy and collaboration within supply chain management
- The use of information technology
- Inventory and finance
- An insight into performance measurement
- Customer service
- Logistics including warehousing and transport
Executive Development Centre, UWE Bristol, Frenchay Campus, Coldharbour Lane, Bristol BS16 1QY