A fundamental introduction to the techniques and technologies employed for the design and operation of thermal energy systems:
- Heat-Exchanger Networks
This course will be of particular interest to engineers employed in the heat and power generation, process, or oil and gas industries, and building services.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Apply the principles of heat transfer, thermodynamics and fluid mechanics in the design of heat exchangers
- Apply pinch technology for the design of heat exchanger networks
- Understand the issues related to the efficient use of thermal energy and apply the relevant techniques and technologies
- Analyse and design refrigeration and air-conditioning systems, employing competent knowledge of their principles.
- Heat Exchanger Design and Operation
- Heat Exchangers
- Pinch Analysis and Energy System Analysis
- Heat Exchanger Network Design
- Design Exercise (Optimal Design of a Heat Exchanger)
- Waste Heat Recovery and Thermal Storage
- Waste-heat Recovery
- Thermal Storage
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Vapour-compression Refrigeration Systems
- Refrigeration Compressors
- Expansion Devices
- Absorption Refrigeration
- Psychrmetry and Principle Air-conditioning Processes
- Humidifiers, Air Washers and Cooling Towers
Five days of lectures, featuring practical examples and detailed case-studies. All delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance at the end of the course.
*PLEASE NOTE: Course dates provided are provisional and will be confirmed shortly.