This 2-week programme aims to provide you with knowledge, critical understanding and key practical skills to raise funds for humanitarian and development programmes from donor agencies, the corporate sector and the general public. Topics covered include financing options and funding trends in the humanitarian sector; institutional donor funding - key players and their funding priorities; the ethics of fundraising; the fundraising strategy; Steps to Success; researching donors; corporate fundraising; the project log-frame; and proposal writing and costing.
Upon successful completion of the module, students will be able to:
- Describe and critically assess the current funding climate and priorities in humanitarian programmes
- Undertake focussed donor research for fundraising for humanitarian projects
- Fulfil a resources audit and design a fundraising strategy for a small NGO
- Outline the challenges and opportunities presented by fundraising from the corporate sector and institutional donors
- Design a fundraising event to attract support from the general public
- Prepare a fundraising proposal and supporting budget for a major donor agency
Who Should Attend
This course would be beneficial to anybody who has to write bid proposals as part of their job.
A good grasp of English is required.
A Complete Learning Package
- Financing options and funding trends in the humanitarian sector
- Institutional donor funding: key players and their funding priorities
- The ethics of fundraising in the humanitarian sector
- The fundraising strategy - purpose and process
- Fundraising essentials - the Steps to Success
- The donor research process - matching identified needs with donors' objectives
- Making the case for supporting a project
- Corporate fundraising: challenges and opportunities
- General fundraising opportunities
- The project log-frame in fundraising proposal
- Proposal writing practical
- Costing a project