Given the need to finance future capital expenditure and maximise shareholder value, airports are under increasing pressure to optimise revenues they generate from commercial sources.
This can be achieved through adopting policies that can unlock the considerable potential that exists within many airports to fully develop and exploit commercial activities to increase revenue.
This workshop for industry managers combines presentations by leading industry professionals, discussions and a terminal concession planning group project.
Who should attend
- Airport directors and managers who are seeking to broaden their understanding and appreciation of airport concession planning issues
- Airport directors and managers new to the industry
- Concessionaires who are seeking a greater understanding of airport concession planning issues
The following subjects will be covered:
- Concession contracts
- Tendering and Monitoring
- Forecasting revenues
- Landside / airside retail mix
- Airline industry trends
- Airport retail development case studies
- Market Research
- Retail operator views of trading in airports
- Airport retail supply chain management
- Car Parking
Terminal concession planning project
The project is an opportunity for delegates to apply what they have learnt from the course and their own ideas to an airport terminal concession planning problem. Delegates will be separated into groups and handed the terminal concession planning problem to solve by the end of the course. Based on information and data provided, each group will be required to produce recommendations on where all significant concessions should be located in the airport terminal, approximately what size they should be and what type.