5 day course - FREE
This FREE training course will offer you core skills in soil systems focusing on practical, experimental and field based science. It provides a comprehensive context for all soil-related research work and also covers skills that are transferrable to other environmental sciences.
NERC funded PhD students and early career researchers have priority but others can apply for limited places.
- Characterising the key features of the soil environment and their impacts on soil quality and functioning
- Field work (field survey, classification, sampling)
- Laboratory skills (physical, biological and chemical properties)
- Designing statistically valid experimental work in the field and laboratory, using a range of methodologies and techniques
- Handling, analysing and interpreting large soil data sets
- Introducing modelling approaches in soil systems
- Linking soil science research to policy and regulation.
On completion of this course the delegate will:
- Be able to put your research into context
- Have completed a skills refresher in soil science.