1 Day Course
To gain an understanding of the principles governing the design and operation of membrane separation processes as used in the municipal water sector.
- Introduction to membrane permeation principles relevant to understanding the design and operation of membrane-based processes: membrane process types and key operating parameters, membrane and process configurations, fouling.
- Dense membrane processes: reverse osmosis, nanofiltration and electrodiaysis.
- Porous membrane proceses: ultrafiltration and microfiltration.
- Membrane applications: desalination, municipal wastewater treatment, wastewater reuse.
On successful completion of this course the delegate will be able to:
- Understand the fundamental physicochemical phenomena governing membrane separation processes.
- Understand the factors affecting the selection, design and operation and of membrane separation processes