This module aims to give students hands-on experience in interfacing microcontrollers to signals and motor drives, and writing programs to achieve specific objectives in assembler.
At the end of this module students should:
· Have a good understanding of the architecture and programming model of the Motorola 68HC08 devices
· Be able to choose a particular device, integrate it into a system, and write working programmes
· Be aware of the implications of timing and memory constraints
· Be aware of the web-based aids for programming these MCUs
· Appreciate the benefit of simulators, debuggers and emulators
The 68HCO8 family of microcontrollers and supporting hardware and software. Several minor practical exercises and one major application of MCU for a task.
Students should have some basic understanding of elasticity, standard electronic devices, resistance, capacitance and inductance.