This course aims to provide students with an understanding of the factors that shape safety policy in the Boardroom, the effect of stakeholders on policy and how the corporate safety culture cascades down throughout the organisation.
At the end of this module students should be able to:
· Understand the role of stakeholders and how corporate policy is influenced by them
· Be aware of how responsibility and accountability are devolved in a large organisation and be able to analyse chains of responsibility in an organisation
· Have a good understanding of how safety management is practiced in a project environment;
· Understand the influence of legislation on management practice;
· Understand and be able to apply statistical methods and probabilistic approaches that define acceptable risk
Strategic objectives, project management and change management in a safety culture, accountability, legislative influences, statistical methods and probability