To provide students with an understanding and the skills necessary when interfacing complex electro-mechanical computer control systems and an awareness of future developments in interfacing technology.
At the end of this course students should be able to:
- Understand the problems associated with integration within engineering systems
- Be able to define and interpret interfacing systems
- Understand the principles behind digital and analogue interfacing
- Be able to design appropriate interfaces
- Be aware of the issues of integration and design appropriate integration test specifications
- Appreciate current advances in integration/interfacing technology
Definition of interfacing, interfacing - integration requirements, digital and analogue signals, DAC-ADC, signal conditioning, digital i/o, distributed systems, buses, and system communications.