The practical Business Writing certificated course is designed to help you shape your business writing communications style in order to deliver and adapt key messages to target audiences. You will learn how to improve clarity, quality, and accuracy in your writing.
The ability to write business communications clearly, confidently, and consistently is a fundamental skill in the workplace. Good quality writing, whether in reports, presentations, marketing materials, emails, or digital, is essential to convey messages clearly and reflects on the organisation and the writer. The focus of the training will be on how to improve and adapt your professional corporate writing. You will learn how to get your message across in a succinct and consistent way.
We will explore the tone and style of communications and how to relay key messages for your brand’s position in the marketplace. Our leading professional trainers will help you develop your ability to write clearly, confidently, and consistently. Ensuring this fundamental skill is recognised in your workplace. Whether you want to improve your online communications or write better proposals, the course will help you brush up on your professional writing style.
The course is suitable for anyone working in marketing, PR, and communications and is involved in writing content.
ON THIS COURSE YOU WILL LEARN:
- Enhance your professional writing communication
- Identifying and clarifying your aims and objectives
- Getting the style and tone right
- Writing styles to relay key messages to various audiences
- Understand audience expectations
- Tackling tricky grammar and punctuation, with easy to follow rules
- Getting your corporate message across
- The final checks: drafts, proofing, and copy editing
PART 1 - ESTABLISHING YOUR ABILITY TO WRITE WELL
Building your confidence in writing business communications
Enhancing clarity, credibility, and establishing objectives
PART 2: STYLE AND STRUCTURE
Adapting your style to various types of business documents, in simple and concise English
Getting a structure to communicate effectively your corporate messages
PART 3 - COMMUNICATE TO YOUR INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL AUDIENCES:
Connecting with your audience and engaging them in your corporate messages
Adapting to meet the needs of your audience, whilst maintaining the tone of the organisation
PART 4 - CHECK GRAMMAR AND COPY EDIT FOR THE FINAL CHECKS
Improving your grammatical skills and brushing up on common mistakes
Techniques to spot mistakes and copy edit for succinct writing
Attendees will have plenty of practice and feedback throughout the training. We encourage you to explain the type of writing you are involved in and provide examples if possible.
LSPR has been delivering training since 1992 and has extensive experience in delivering training to a broad range of clients: PR and communications agencies, financial, consumer, oil & gas, and multiple other sectors and industries.
All of our courses are led by industry experts who all share a common purpose: to deliver the best of their knowledge, expertise and ideas to others. Our mantra is that transparency and ethics build the brand's reputation. Beyond achieving the training objectives, our courses motivate individuals to enhance their performance and add value to their organisation by understanding their team's roles and responsibilities.
All LSPR programmes are tailored to each participant's needs. Before each session, we take the time to get to know you, providing a detailed Training Needs Analysis questionnaire that enables us to understand your skills, level of experience, potential knowledge gaps and expectations of the training. This means that no two sessions are the same, and your needs will always be met when choosing our training.
With an engaging, supportive facilitation style, our training approach enables practical tools for skills transfer, improvements and real results.
AWARD & RECOGNITION
LSPR Professional Development Certificate. The Certificate is recognised by the: Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Certification Service: http://www.cpduk.co.uk
The final award will be awarded on the following:
- Critical Thinking Exercises set and completed during the training - a series of practical exercises are set for each session for the delegates to work on during their training. This is an effective way to try out what you have been learning and gain insight and feedback, as you progress with each session during the course.
The course is essentially very realistic and contemporary. It is a relaxed class that covers a lot of ground and is designed to make your business corporate writing stand out in a crowd. It guides delegates on how to find and write vital information in the best style and deliver it to the correct reader. In class we write documents such as mission statements, press releases, USPs and corporate documents for external, in-house, web and blog use. We also discuss, do interviews and test examples of writing styles among delegates.
*Please note: A marking fee of £50 is to be paid directly to the tutor at the end of the course, for the marking of the project.
- GROUP BOOKING - 20% off group booking for 3 or more people* from the same organisation.
- ALUMNI LOYALTY SCHEME - 20% off any course fee*.
- 2 FOR 1 - bring a colleague, friend or family member for free* on the same course
- FREELANCERS AND CHARITIES - 15% off any course fee*.
* Offers are subject to availability and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Digital publishing courses are excluded.Terms and conditions apply.