The Social Work Practice Educator Training Programme has been developed into two standalone 20 credit modules for Stage 1 or Stage 2, at level 7 (Masters). It is designed to facilitate the Practice Education Professional Standards (PEPS) and Domains required at both Stages 1 and 2 by The College of Social Work (TCSW) for professional Social Work Education.
What's covered in the course?
The course has been developed to facilitate the social work reforms and concomitant changes required of registered professionals supporting the practice teaching and assessment of those undertaking professional social work education at qualifying and post qualifying levels.
It takes account of the enhanced expectations of employer stakeholder of its staff and students; and at the same time, it ensures that they are appropriately supported and enabled to continue their professional development.
The programme design and outcomes have therefore been structured to accommodate both the employer and TCSW requirements to prepare Practice Educators at both Stages 1 and 2 with structured and extensive tutorial support. In addition all candidates will be allocated an experienced academic tutor and a Practice Educator Mentor. They will also have access to our Personal Development Department and a Disability Tutor.
Why Choose Us?
- The Social Work Practice Educator Training Programme has been integrated into a standalone 20 credit module at Master’s level 7.
- The course is designed to facilitate the Practice Education Professional Standards Domains and Core Values required at both Stages 1 and 2 by the College of Social Work (TCSW) for professional Social Work Education.
- The course has been developed to facilitate the social work reforms.
- The course seeks to respond to the concomitant changes required of registered professionals in the field of social care.
- The course will provide learning opportunities to professionals, supporting the practice teaching and assessment of students, undertaking professional social work education at qualifying and post qualifying levels.
The Social Work Practice Educator Training programme has been developed in consultation with practice partner agencies to maximise effective completion rates of the programme and to ensure value for money at a time of budget constraints.
The content is mapped against the College of Social Work, Practice Educator Professional Standards, Domains and the Core Values.
Candidates will develop skills and knowledge in enabling and supporting the practice supervision of social work degree students.
The delivery of this programme is predicated upon a project management framework to enable the progressive acquisition of the requisite knowledge skill and values to effectively create and asses a structured learning environment to support social work degree students.
Upon completion of the Social Work Practice Educator Training programme, candidates should be equipped to undertake the relevant specific duties of teaching, enable, supervising and assessing a social work degree student and/or ASYE in their respective learning environment.
The programme will be supported by a Social Work Practice Education Panel comprised of experienced academics and practice stakeholders, to enhance quality assurance and approval of candidates through each of the relevant stages.