The LSP Picture Research course is recognised as being the UK's leading training course in this subject.
The course is suitable for those interested in pursuing a career in picture research and picture editing, those in the early stages of their career or those who require refresher training to keep up-to-date with any changes affecting the industry.
The project-based course is highly enjoyable and stimulating, with an emphasis on the practical issues relevant to the industry. The course keeps abreast of new developments, with special attention paid to the impact of digital technology and the role of the Internet.
Member of the British Association of Picture Libraries and Agencies [BAPLA].
"An excellent course that covered practical aspects of Picture Research taught by a very knowledgeable tutor."
- Martina Salvi, Freelancer
- The Picture Researcher’s role in the industry and image markets today
- Image sources – BAPLA, DACs and beyond
- Career progression within the picture research industry
- Professional practice part I – creative and managerial
- Interpreting a brief
- Advanced research skills
- Working with digital technology
- Project management
- Discussion of group work
- Image formats
- Resolution and watermark transmission methods
- Databases – cataloguing and keywords
- Picture Editing - a small group assignment to develop creative research, editing and presentation skills
- Professional Practice part II - rights clearance and intellectual property rights
- Commissioning photography and illustration
- Group presentations and assessment
- Question & answer session
A set project to be submitted 2 weeks after completion. A Certificate will be awarded based on a Pass, Merit or Distinction.
*Please note: A marking fee of £50 is to be paid directly to the tutor at the end of the course, for the marking of the project.
- GROUP BOOKING - 20% off group booking for 3 or more people* from the same organisation.
- ALUMNI LOYALTY SCHEME - 20% off any course fee*.
- 2 FOR 1 - bring a colleague, friend or family member for free* on the same course
- FREELANCERS AND CHARITIES - 15% off any course fee*.
* Offers are subject to availability and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Digital publishing courses are excluded.Terms and conditions apply.