If you are a practitioner seeking progression routes into a management or senior position within an educational setting, in the wider educational environment the Professinal practice Foundation Degree will develop your professional skills, knowledge and understanding within the field.
For a current list of available modules, please visit http://www.newman.ac.uk.
• Staff are involved in major research projects which inform students’ learning experiences
• There are opportunities for you to interact with other students, share your experiences and enhance your communication skills
• You will experience a range of work-based assessment formats including portfolios, presentations, written reports and essays. There will also be directed study tasks regularly undertaken in your own time
• If you want to continue your studies you may progress on to the final year of a relevant degree programme, including the part-time Professional Practice or Early Childhood Education and Care top-up awards.
Even though you may have the skills and experience to progress in your career, you may find that the lack of a formal academic qualification holds you back at some stage. Studying for a foundation degree situates you in higher education and will prepare you for increased responsibilities within your current work setting, therefore expanding your employment opportunities in educational settings. There is also the opportunity to progress onto the top-up award, converting your foundation degree to a full BA (Hons) degree. Completion of an honours degree may enable you to pursue a career in teaching, although further study and qualifications are needed.
At a glance
3 years Part-time Work-based
2 years full-time University based
Contact: Byron Williams : [email protected]
Entry requirements are flexible but normally you will possess a Level 3 qualification or equivalent qualification*, such as A levels, a BTEC or NVQ level 3, but each student is assessed on their own merits and we value your work-place experience.For full entry requirements visit the course web page
A typical offer being, 48 UCAS points (and GCSE English at Grade C or above, or equivalent qualification i.e. Functional Skills Level 2 or Adult Literacy Level 2)
Course fees 2021/22*
£4,700 per year (part-time) and £9,250 full-time
* Fees shown are for 2021/22 academic year. The University will review tuition fees and increase fees in line with any inflationary uplift as determined by the UK Government, if permitted by law or government policy, in subsequent years of your course. It is anticipated that such increases would be linked to RPI (the Retail Price Index excluding mortgage interest payments).
For information about DBS requiremnts please email [email protected].