The Counselling Studies BA (Hons) top-up award is a level 6 course designed to build upon previous counselling training or enhance knowledge and understanding of the counselling profession for those who have studied an aligned subject. The programme provides a deeper theoretical base for those who have an interest in applying counselling theory within a variety of practice contexts. The top up programme will also equip students with research knowledge and skills.
Why study this course?
- This Top Up programme integrates with and builds on students’ existing training to provide an academic top up qualification at degree level
- Students on the Counselling Studies top up award will develop and practice the ability to critically reflect on counselling texts, ideas and practice
- All students take a year-long research methods module, which will enhance their understanding of the role of research within counselling and prepare them for the dissertation module
- The experience of conducting research will equip students to work alongside other graduate professionals
- The programme will enhance students’ academic understanding and employability
For more information view the Newman University website.