Want to study a Master’s in finance management? Our MSc Management and Finance degree is accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
Our Management and Finance course teaches you the fundamental skills and attributes you need to become a successful international manager in the finance sector. You’ll become adept at strategic and tactical business decisions, developing core skills in managerial finance and managing and motivating staff in businesses on an international scale.
What's covered in the course?
Initially in the first stage, you will examine the key challenges faced by global businesses to fully appreciate the complexity and dynamics of leadership and management practice. This will see you broaden your skills in organisation, communication and working with others, particularly within an increasingly diverse cultural context.
During the second stage of your course, you will explore international financial management, including international investment strategies, Capital Asset Pricing and the financial aspects of national and international merger and acquisitions. You’ll learn how to navigate the risks of foreign exchange rates and the intricacies of dividend policy theory and practice for international firms.
You’ll be taught international business strategy while also developing your research skills in preparation for your major project. In addition to the Major project, you will also study both personal and institutional portfolio management, covering key areas such as shares, bonds, property chattels and commodities, and fund management principles and issues.
The final core Major Project module is tailored to your career aspirations. The module provides three project options:
- A work-based study route enabling you to relate the project to a current employer;
- A consultancy project option, where you find a client who has an international business problem that you feel you can solve;
- A traditional dissertation involving an in-depth exploration of both the theory and practice of international business using primary research.
Whatever route you choose, it will give you the opportunity to identify a topic and industry of your choice related to your specialist area of finance, tailoring your degree to enhance your employability for your final chosen career destination.
You will work in internationally diverse student teams, collaborating to deliver effective and professional reports, reflecting the professional practice of international management. Throughout the course, the course team will give you the support you need to realise your potential, and we look forward to working with you to develop your knowledge, understanding and skills for the career of your choice.
Why Choose Us?
- You will develop fundamental skills in business management while having the opportunity to gain enhanced and specialist expertise to help you enter the complex and challenging field of finance.
- On graduating you will receive an industry-recognised professional qualification from the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
- You will work alongside a diverse range of international students giving a real experience of what it is like to work and collaborate with your peers from a range of diverse cultures from Europe, Nigeria, India, China, Vietnam and North America.
- You will have the opportunity to visit a leading financial services organisation such as the London Stock Exchange to gain insight into the complexity of real world global financial operations.
- You will be supported with Business English language diagnostics and tutor support to help improve you in the international language of business.