Why study this course?
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR) is the global gold standard in the protection and management of data. This free short GDPR Data Protection Officer (DPO) Skills online course offers a basic, practical understanding of the law, policy, and practice of GDPR. The course consists of three units, concerning the legal, behavioural, and technical aspects of data protection.
Who is this course for?
Though this course is open to anyone who wants to better understand the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR), it is ideally suited to those in a variety of job roles including:
- Data Protection Officers (DPOs) in large organisations in the EU
- Those who handle and manage data in small organisations in the EU, but are not formally required to have DPOs
- Those outside the EU who are interested in acquiring knowledge of data protection, particularly in jurisdictions that have recently developed – or are in the process of developing – data protection regulations
What will I learn?
This course will help you to understand:
- the fundamentals of the GDPR
- the role of DPOs
- the handling, management, and protection of personal data
- the legal aspects of GDPR
- the behavioural issues in data protection
- the technical aspects of handling personal data
To find out more information and to book your place, please click below.