What is the programme about?
Starting each September, the Postgraduate Certificate in Clinical Assessment is suitable for healthcare practitioners, such as nurses, pharmacist, involved in clinical assessment of patients. This may include specialist and advanced practitioners in areas such as community, accident and emergency, high-dependency, and critical care outreach.
Why study this programme?
The course builds on our established reputation for delivering high quality modules that are clinically focused. The course will enable practitioners to assess patients from 'head-to-toe' and develop evidence-based management strategies. Practitioners will develop practical skills in taking health history, auscultation, percussion and palpation in addition to diagnostic reasoning skills. The programme may enable practitioners to move towards advanced practitioner status and gain access to the MSc Advanced Clinical Practice at the University of Leeds. The course will enable practitioners’ career development by moving towards advanced practice roles. On previous occasions students who have successfully completed modules of a similar nature at the School of Healthcare have gone on to become nurse consultants and advanced and specialist practitioners.
- A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons) in a health science from a recognised higher education institution or certified evidence of an ability to study at level 5 (Master’s level).
- Current registration with a UK healthcare professional governing body (eg Nursing and Midwifery Council).
- Applicants should have written endorsement from their employing organisation that they will be supported to undertake the programme of study.
- Opportunities for the accreditation of prior learning and prior experiential learning exist through the School's credit accumulation and transfer procedures.
- English language requirementsIELTS 7.0 overall
How to apply
For general enquiries and information relating to courses and admission to the University of Leeds, applicants should contact the School of Healthcare Admissions Team. Telephone: 44 (0) 113 343 7200. Email: [email protected]