This course is organised by our sister organisation, the European Energy Centre (EEC) in cooperation with accrediting body SQA and leading universities and is aimed at individuals who would like to learn how Solar Photovoltaic systems work and who want to find out about the technical aspects of these systems.
The trainer is a university lecturer with vast practical and theoretical experience in the most commonly used photovoltaic systems and the latest technologies available for commercial and home installations.
Microgeneration Certification Scheme: participants of this course learn how solar panels work and gain a thorough understanding of solar PV systems, this allows them to apply for registration with an MCS provider.
The programme is as follows:
- The composition of light. Photovoltaic effect
- Photovoltaic cells. Materials. Daily/annual energy. The positioning of the modules. Photovoltaic Energy. Photovoltaic Illumination
- Planning and designing a photovoltaic installation. The electric load
- Costs and evaluation of the economical solutions. Maintenance and reliability
- Practical solutions
- Typologies and modality of installation
- Integration of the photovoltaic modules in the building structure.
- Payback time
- Economic perspectives.