As project management becomes more widespread in all aspects of life, this course makes this all-important discipline broadly accessible to delegates who need to understand and have practical experience of project management without requiring professional accreditation.
Through a very practical workshop, delegates leave feeling confident in their ability to manage projects as well as appreciating some of the broader change management and stakeholder engagement issues.
During the workshop, the delegates will be introduced to some fundamentals of project management, which is based on the best management practice method of PRINCE2®, as well as the importance of having the right governance and organisation structures in place for effective decision making.
As well as starting from firm foundations, the workshop focuses on the need for a business case and well-structured plans but also recognises that things don’t always go according to those plans.
Who it’s for
Primarily designed for anyone needing to understand and have a practical experience of Project Management.
What you’ll learn
How to establish projects, develop business cases and how to get started in a controlled way
- What is involved in controlling execution – planning, change control, risk & issue management and working with teams
- Why stakeholder analysis and engagement is important as well as the principles of successful change
- World of Projects
- Governance of Projects
- Business Cases
- Controlled Start
- Plans & Planning
- Controlling Execution
- Controlling Quality
- Controlling Risks & Issues
- Controlling Change
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Principles of Change
- Closing a Project
As a participant, you will learn some fundamental but valuable skills for managing any type of project through a practical workshop which is based on a scenario with ‘hands-on’ exercises.
By the end of this workshop participants will:
- Have practiced and be confident in a very broad range of project management techniques
- Be able to understand stakeholders and engage with them more effectively throughout the life of the project.
- Have a deeper insight into the challenges of change management and embedding project driven change into organisations.