**Discounted by 25% for bookings before 28th February 2019**
Wound tension and the need for reconstruction is a problem that is faced daily in veterinary practice. This course aims to uncover the principals of wound tension and its management. The course will cover ways to close simple wounds under moderate tension to more advanced wounds under greater tension using a combination of surgical principles. The lectures will be informative yet based on actual clinical cases with step-by-step photos on how to perform each surgery.
Topics to be covered:
• Tension relieving suture techniques
• Bandaging techniques and drains
• Simple advancement and rotational flaps
• More advanced wound reconstruction techniques
• Recognition of the detrimental effects of wound tension
• Assessment of wounds for tension
• Selection of the appropriate tension relieving technique
• Indications and use of more advanced tension relieving methods
Required delegate attributes or who this course is suitable for:
This course would be suitable for both less experienced and more experienced veterinary practitioners as it will cover from the simple to the more advanced reconstruction techniques, using lots of practical case examples.
Jackie Demetriou BVetMed, Cert SAS, Dip ECVS
Head of Soft Tissue Surgery, Dick White Referrals
Hon Assoc Prof, University of Nottingham