The School of Geography and Environmental Sciences, Ulster University, Coleraine, N. Ireland, offers a wide range of fully online postgraduate modules which are available to students to study on an individual basis. All short courses are validated at an appropriate academic level and number of credit points.
This module will provide knowledge and skills necessary to understand the impact of chemicals in the environment.
Specific areas covered include:
- the major toxicants, both organic & inorganic
- sources, pathways and fate of major toxicants
- specific effects on organisms (including humans)
- physiological & biochemical principles of toxicity testing
- LD50 and NOEC
- risk assessments of soils and water
- environmental quality standards and toxicity quotients
For more information please go to http://www.ulster.ac.uk/es/postgraduate
This module starts January 27th 2020
Module fee - NI/GB/EU students - £916.50
Module fee - Overseas students - £2,280
Fees illustrated are based on 18/19 entry and are subject to an annual increase.