The drawing up of specifications and correct design of hoppers, silos, bunkers and other large scale bulk storage schemes is of fundamental importance for the optimal operation of plant. Many processes fail to reach their designed throughput or suffer from 'unforseen' handling problems. The root cause of a very large proportion of these issues can be traced back to a failure to understand the storage and handling requirements of the bulk materials and hence installations that do not incorporate bulk characteristics into the design process may encounter these issues.
This course has been developed with specification writers and equipment designers/suppliers in mind. Practical and 'hands-on' excercises will feature in the course structure.
- Minimising project risk through characterisation of bulk materials;
- How to characterise bulk materials using firmly established methods and the latest test equipment;
- How to use shear cell measurements to design for reliable discharge;
- Detail design for storage equipment;
- Best Practice for bulk handling plant design and operation;
- When should discharge aids be applied and appropriate types;
- Methods for correct interfacing.
Course fees will be discounted to £665 per delegate for previous attendees on the Storage and Discharge of Powders and Bulk Materials course (if you have attended this basic course since 2008 you will qualify for a discount.)