Credits: 30 credits at Level 6 and 7.
To train nurses and allied health professionals to manage minor illness in a variety of settings using an integrated approach including theoretical perspectives and supervised clinical practice.
Content to include the following:
- consultation skills and history taking.
- knowledge of nursing and medical models and exploration of key components from each, in order to undertake a patient history effectively.
- articulate strategies within individual practice that will facilitate management of uncertainty.
- clinical decision making and record keeping.
- examination of patients presenting with minor illness conditions in the following areas: MSK, ENT, eyes, respiratory, abdominal and skin.
- health beliefs, health psychology and health promotion application to practice for the management of minor illness.
- legal and professional frameworks.
- accountability and clinical governance..
- evidence based practice and management of minor illness.
- change management and protocol development.