Credits: 30 credits at Level 6.
This course aims to equip mental healthcare practitioners with a greater understanding of the professional issues associated with working in a mental health (forensic, secure & acute) setting. By taking this course you show a desire to develop your practice in these envoroments.
This module enables you to develop a critical understanding of the professional issues and challenges of working with service users in mental health settings.
Content covered in the course includes:
- Collaboration and partnership: working with service users and carers
- Implementing recovery principles in practice
- Group clinical supervision
- Assessment, formulation and management of clinical risk
- Mindfulness (MBCT) training
- Engaging the violent individual (use and interpretation of violence scripts)
- Motivational interviewing training
- Engaging individuals with unusual experiences: visions, voices & paranoia
- Suicide prevention training (AaCcE approach)