Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification is designed to teach you Lean techniques and Six Sigma approaches. The course content teaches you how to improve services on time while eliminating defects. You will also learn to maintain consistency in the delivery of products and services. This training will enhance your efficiency in process improvement initiatives and in achieving process and project excellence.
A Black Belt is fluent in the use of the Lean Six Sigma approach and tools, often delivering major performance or efficiency transformation for a business. Typically, they are Change Leaders within the business. A Lean Six Sigma Black Belt possesses a thorough understanding of all aspects within the phases of D-M-A-I-C. They understand how to perform and interpret Six Sigma tools and how to use standard principles of Lean.
This certification course will prepare you to successfully lead and execute Lean Six Sigma projects, perform Six Sigma analysis, and use the Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve and Control methodology. It is comprised of professionally narrated e-Learning modules, interactive quizzes, tests and exams. All delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
This course includes well designed video tutorials, a mentor support service, reading and study materials, and an online study platform and forum. These facilities build your confidence to study efficiently and guide you to develop your skills and knowledge in preparation for the Six Sigma Black Belt Exam.
√ Who is it for?
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is most beneficial for organisations that encourage employees to take up Quality projects and ensure efficiency in all business/industry processes. Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is structured to meet the requirements of the following professionals:
- Senior Management
- Management students
- Team leaders
- Software Professionals
- If a company intends to implement Six Sigma, then the management of the company needs to be trained
- Project Managers
- Quality Assurance Engineers
- Software Quality Assurance team members
√ Course Description;
This online Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training course has been designed for 35-40 guided learning hours. Following course outline will provide you an idea about main topics areas are covered in this course.
√ Training Objectives:
- Understand Lean Six Sigma and the DMAIC methodology.
- Learn and apply skills in project management, process management, lean, change management, and basic statistical analysis.
- Understand the Black Belt’s role in a successful Lean Six Sigma deployment.
- Properly scope, define and lead Lean Six Sigma projects.
- Transition projects from phase to phase.
- Close out projects upon completion.
- Present projects to peers, managers and senior leadership.
- Apply methods learned in the DMAIC process to business issues.
- Apply statistical analysis to determine the relationship between key inputs and process outputs.
- Characterize the equation y = f(x).
- Implement controls to sustain gains.
- Effectively manage team dynamics.
- Navigate statistical analysis software (SigmaXL or Minitab).
√ Method of Assessment:
After you have familiarised yourself with the Six Sigma terminology, having a good understanding of 5 phases, successfully passed any mock exam you should be ready to take the real exam.
- Number of questions: 150 Multiple Choice Questions
Duration: 4 hours
Pass mark: 70%.
- In order to achieve the professional designation of IASSC Certified Black Belt (ICBB) from the International Association for Six Sigma Certification candidates must sit for the IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Exam and achieve a minimum score of 580 points out of a total potential of 750 points.
- There is no limitation or time restriction on examination retakes. Need to pay retake exam fee separately each retake.
- All questions are multiple choice.
- Results are sent within 2 business days upon receipt of the exam papers.
- Type of Exam: Proctored exam based
- The sole objective of the exams is to measure knowledge not work or project experience.
All exams are available in English. IASSC Certified Black Belt exams are also available in French.
All IASSC exams are closed book exams. IASSC provides a Reference Document, that contains all formulas and tables one will need during the examination. You can download the Reference Document here: IASSC Reference Document.
√ Exam Preparation:
For those who wish to sit for the exam, it is recommended, but not required, that Lean Six Sigma training is obtained through a qualified institution, Lean Six Sigma trainer or corporate program.
It is also recommended, though not required, that those sitting for the exam have some degree of real-world Lean Six Sigma work experience and project application experience.
√ Special Note:
This official exam is not included and needs to be purchased separately. You can purchase the exam voucher or exam included packages from us.
√ Entry Requirements for the exam:
- In order to become IASSC Black Belt certified, it is not necessary to be Green Belt certified beforehand, have prior industry experience, or complete and submit projects as part of the Black Belt certification assessment.
- There are no prerequisites required in order to sit for the IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Exam.
- Learners should be ages 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Basic understanding of English language, literacy, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
The exam syllabus is based on the IASSC Universally Accepted Lean Six Sigma Body of Knowledge (ILSSBOK), developed as a result of research conducted over a two-year period, among 1000 companies.
Upon successful achievement, Professionals will receive a Certificate (IASSC Certified Black Belt (ICBB), suitable for framing, issued by the International Association for Six Sigma Certification or its designated Examination Institute, PEOPLECERT.