Working as a Personal Assistant or Secretary can be rewarding and well paid, and many businesses offer perks to their support staff. Gaining a Global Edulink Certificate in Secretarial & PA Training can give your career a boost by making you more attractive to prospective employers or demonstrating to your existing employers that you have the necessary skills, motivation and knowledge to warrant a promotion.
- New to a career as a Secretary or Personal Assistant and hoping to gain a professional qualification to help you to do your job well and begin to work your way up the career ladder.
- An experienced Secretary or Personal Assistant seeking a professional qualification to improve your prospects of a promotion or more senior role.
You could also use this qualification to go on to train as a Medical or Legal Secretary.
At Global Edulink, we design courses which teach practical, up-to-date skills that you can use immediately within your job. We are a leading training provider in the UK and have constructed this course in a way which will make you employable as a highly able Secretary or Personal Assistant.
We know that training for a particular role, such as a Secretary or Personal Assistant, is important but must be coupled with support in using that training to gain employment. Therefore, this course also includes advice and help in preparing your CV, cover letter and personal statement, as well as ICT training including data entry and how to use Microsoft Office.
The online course can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and is easy to fit into your day-to-day schedule with no need to spend time or money on travel. Professionally-narrated tutorials are delivered and interspersed with interesting, interactive quizzes and tests to ensure that you are absorbing the information from the tutorials.
We provide extensive support to build your confidence and give you the encouragement to complete the full course. You will learn all the skills you need to be an effective Secretary or Personal Assistant and by the end of the course you will be confident in the following areas:
- Diary management, scheduling and time management
- Understanding confidentiality
- Communicating effectively and assertively
- Drafting business documents (reports, letters, emails, minutes, notes)
- Data management and filing
- Recognising and understanding different management skills (to help you to work well with your boss)
- Customer service
- Taking dictation
- Finance (bookkeeping, invoicing)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
The Method of Assessment
At the end of the course, learners will also take an online multiple choice question assessment test. This online multiple choice question test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
CertificationSuccessful candidates will be awarded certificates for “Secretarial and Personal Assistant Training”.
- This course is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds. However, PA or secretarial experience would be an advantage.
- Learners should be ages 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Basic understanding of English language, literacy, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.