APC: Property Agency (Purchase, Sale, Leasing, Letting) Preparation Course
This evening class prepares you for the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors’ (RICS) assessment of professional competence (APC), focusing on property agency.
You will consider the statutory and common law framework of handling the purchase, sale and letting of real estate assets, the authority of the agent, marketing approaches, market appraisals, methods of sale and letting and practice guidance. We will also review relevant RICS codes and guidance.
The course will provide you with a technical, professional and practical outlook on the subject matter. It will support those undertaking the purchase and sale, lease and letting, and strategic real estate consultancy competencies of the APC.
You will gain an understanding of:
- the Estate Agents Act 1979
- the Consumer Rights Act 2015
- the law and practice of agency
- RICS agency and brokerage standards
- the common law and statutory provisions
- the basis of agency
- the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008
- Business Protection from Misleading Marketing Regulations 2004
- securing commission
- methods of sale
- agents’ boards