5 day course
Water of good quality is necessary for domestic, environmental, industrial, recreational and agricultural uses. For those working in water management, it is important to understand the rationale for and be practically competent in the sampling of water and the measurement and interpretation of water quality parameters.
Water quality issues: acceptability for human consumption and aquatic life; water quality standards.
- Water quality monitoring principles and strategies. Sampling methods. Quality assurance. Data interpretation.
- Water quality sampling & analysis: practicals / demonstration of selected, basic measurements/methods.
- 3 day programme of lectures.
- Practicals scheduled over 4 days (these are carried out in groups and would not require more than 0.5 day attendance on any of the 4 days).
- A combination of lectures and practicals.
On successful completion of this course the delegate will be able to:
- Evaluate water quality data and the monitoring strategies that generate them.