This new 2 day course will teach you how to successfully transform your practice in pharmacy from the classic prescription delivery approach to the new health and prevention approach. This requires understanding of customer/patient perceptions and their implicit needs by learning effective communication and anamnesis techniques to link patient’s medical history, desires, difficulties and emotions.
This course will teach you how to become an active healthcare professional promoting health and wellness with the aim to reduce hospital admissions as a result of drug-related adverse effects.
You will learn the communication and negotiation skills required to enhance the new role of pharmacists to meet the market demand and competiviness in the market for delivery of primary care for patients, including prevention and promoting heath and wellness.
Pre-course reading material will be provided and you will be asked to write about your own work with patients to prepare for the course and get the most out of the intensive 2 days.
The course will include:
- Short introductory presentations for each topic
- Role-play and simulation groups to focus on basic skills and techniques
- Hands-on practice with review sessions to consolidate skills
- Continuous formative feedback and close work with faculty
The course covers three main areas:
Effective consultation skills and negotiation with the patient
- Understand and practice the principal techniques of communication and negotiation with the patient, including understanding of patient psychology.
- Pharmacy retail management skills
- Understand now to apply the principles of ethical marketing in pharmacy
- Understand the concept and theories surrounding the issues of healthcare retail business management and preventive medicine.
Understanding drug interactions and side effects with a view to preventing any drug related complications
- Case studies from surgery experience and cancer treatment.
- Fundamental risk associated with use of commmonly prescriped pain killer medicines
Marketing tools for selling health and prevention services in the pharmacy through negotiation methodology
- Understand the techniques and methods applicable to the daily running of pharmacy to increase efficiency and profit.
- Enhancing trust and commitment to regular training.
- Understand and apply negotiation skills with patients and methodologies of negotiation with simulations and role-play
- Early registration: £640 (3 months prior to course start date)
- Standard registration: £690