Growing excellence in healthcare research is a fundamental priority to ensure that patients benefit from improvements, and care is based on the best available evidence.
The School of Healthcare Sciences Health Services Research Summer School offers you a unique opportunity to gain access to internationally renowned experts in a range of topic areas, including complex interventions and their evaluation (including clinical trials); realist synthesis and evaluation; health economics, implementation, ageing and dementia, primary care, language awareness and the service user perspective.
We have designed a programme to offer specific activities to help support your own plans and goals drawing on the expertise that we have within BiHMR. Our vision is to provide individuals with a memorable and inspirational experience to support their learning and development in a dynamic, friendly and welcoming environment. The full programme is currently under development but the draft version is available to download here .
If you join us at the summer school, you can expect:
- a range of vibrant Masterclasses and teaching sessions facilitated by experts and/or their teams of staff and students
- personal tutorial support and supervision (to support development of your chosen product e.g. a worked-up Masters/PhD proposal, or critical review of and improvement of a research programme)
- opportunities for networking and development of personal transferable skills
- social programme and opportunity to experience Welsh culture
- opportunity to visit an area recently voted 4th best place to visit in the world by ‘The Lonely Planet’.
If you have colleagues or fellow students who you think may be interested in this Summer School programme, do feel free to share this page and the draft programme with them.
If you like to register your interest in attending the Health Services Research Summer School 2017 then please email Dr Lynne Williams [email protected].
We’ll make sure you are the first to receive any updates as the programme evolve