Professor Peter Hines - “Staying Lean: Thriving not just Surviving”
Implementing Lean Thinking in your business is like an iceberg - it’s not just what you can see that’s important, it’s also what you can’t see.
The results that you’ve achieved by applying Lean tools and techniques may be visible to all, but the key enablers that will sustain these results are not so easy to see. And when Lean programmes fail, the reasons nearly always relate to people - their alignment to strategy, their behaviours and their engagement.
This interactive workshop is based on the Staying Lean publication by Professor Peter Hines, Dr Pauline Found, Gary Griffiths and Richard Harrison, and focussed on how Lean interventions can be designed in a sustainable way. A real life case example is used to illustrate how this has been achieved at Cogent Power.
• Gain a better understanding of what Lean really is and what it could mean for your results
• Learn what you need to do to sustain a Lean Journey
• Discuss your issues with award winning leaders in Lean Thinking
• Develop the basis of your own action plan
• Get your own copy of the Shingo Prize winning book Staying Lean: Thriving not just Surviving
£240 for Coventry University Alumni.
If you would prefer to pay by invoice or cheque please contact our Professional Development Manager, Krystyna Tarkowski on [email protected].
Course Code ECU007_EM
Course Date 30th May 2012
Course Leader Wendy Garner
- Course Description
• Overview of Lean Thinking
• Examining a detailed Case Example of Lean Sustainability
• Capitalising from the Lean Iceberg Sustainability approach
• Creating your own Sustainable Journey
Who should attend:
Business Leaders, Senior Managers, Lean Champions & Lean Coaches
This event will be delivered by lean guru Professor Peter Hines.
Chairman of http://www.LeanBusinessSystem.com & S A Partners and Co-Founder of the Lean Enterprise Research Centre.